Family

.Pat & Helen. Utah Photographer in Northern Idaho - Julie Dawn Photography

8:47 PM

Meet two of the most amazing people! These two happen to be my in-laws and while I was up for my last visit I dragged them out for a quick shoot at Honeysuckle Beach in Hayden, ID. 

I love their love story! They first met when Helen was 15 and she babysat for Pats sister who lived across the street from her. Pat came home from the Navy for his little brothers funeral and Helen sat out in her front yard hoping he would come over and talk to her. It didn't happen. The next time they met was when he got out of the Navy and Helen was babysitting for his cousin. He would come over with her to drop off her little boy. Helen was 17 then but she couldn't get him interested. Finally she went to work as a carhop and he started coming in every other evening. He was working for the fire dept at that point. Things finally clicked and they started dating! I guess he was not easy to catch. They have been married 67 years!!! They have done family history together for over 50 years. They have also served two LDS service missions as managers in the dry pack cannery in Spokane, WA and Carrollton, TX. They also worked a year in the Spokane LDS Temple and were directors in the Hayden Lake family history center for five years. They have 10 children (#9 is my husband), 52 grandchildren and 55 great grandchildren! Talk about two amazing people. I love them so much! 










You Might Also Like

0 comments