In other news....

Generally this is my photography BLOG but when I feel strongly about something....I post it. Keeping ourselves, family members and friends safe is super important to me. If one life is saved or one person avoids a brutal attack or rape then it will be worth it.

Often I am traveling alone, meeting strangers at odd locations. I don't always have my fierce Irish husband to protect me. I have been very lucky...many times.

When I was a teenager I went with some friends to Lagoon (a theme park in Utah). We were going with some guys friends we had recently met. As we were driving...I realized we were not going the right way. I started getting nervous realizing I was in a car full of guys and my sister and friend were in the other car. I didn't want to ask questions and make anyone upset so I just pretended to be fine and acted like I didn't notice anything.

They took us up into the mountains and started un-packing camping gear and drinking. We were so confused and scared but just wanted to be calm. They took us so far into the mountains that we had no cell phone service. As the hours dragged on and the guys got drunk we started breaking down. We tearfully asked the guys to please take us home as our parents were expecting us. They just ignored us.

We were scared to be pushy and we didn't want to upset them because so far they were leaving us alone. After we realized they were not taking us home... we climbed into a tent and were going to try and get some sleep.

I remember waking up with two guys on top of me each holding a leg and trying to take off my pants. I started screaming and crying. No matter how hard I struggled...I was nothing compared to these two. I will never forget the fear that came over me. I thought...they are going to rape me. I couldn't believe what was happening. My sister and friend woke up and started screaming. Finally another guy ran in and stopped them before anything happened and we were eventually returned home.

I still remember it like it was yesterday. It makes me ill how many times it hasn't ended like my situation. I fear for my daughters and for my sons. I was lucky. There are so many that aren't. I am posting this to hopefully save a life.


I have had too many close calls and have now learned to never leave home with out my TigerLight. The TigherLight is a Non-lethal defense system. Don't get me wrong...lethal is sometimes necessary. However, I don't want the stress and responsibility of caring a gun. For many years I have carried a TigerLight T100. It is a purse sized weapon.


The T100 has been my protector! However....it is $100. Well worth it in my eyes. However, Tigerlight is about to release something even better for 1/3 of the price. 

The peacekeeper!

Hello! AMAZING! I am so excited for it! 



What is the TigerLight Peacekeeper Mini? 
The Peacekeeper Mini is a non-lethal protection device, designed to help protect you in a violent attack (whether it be rape, robbery, animal attack, or abduction. It’s equipped with a bright light that can temporarily blind an attacker, and the pepper spray that follows is more effective than typical pepper spray, because the attacker doesn’t realize it’s coming, therefore not being able to hold their breath. It’s small, and you are more likely to have it on hand than other defense methods (such as a gun, tazer, etc.) There was a study done on the TigerLight Series II (similar to the Peacekeeper Mini, just without one important feature I’ll mention in a few minutes) that, when it was use on 147 violent subjects, it had a 96% stop rate (which means, no further action was necessary), and an estimated 4-6 lives were saved over a period of 6 months. The 96% stop rate alone outweighs other non-lethal devices effectiveness rates.
The most unique aspect of the Peacekeeper Mini, in my opinion, is that there is an option to have it be bluetooth enabled. If you use it, an alert will be sent to your family members, alerting them that you are in trouble, and your exact location. There is NOTHING on the market like this!
Who Needs This?
Everyone! I remember hiking in CA and my husband having our 1 year old daughter strapped to him. As we were walking I hear a low growl and look to my right to see a full grown mountain lion crouched down looking straight at us. At that moment...I felt like the worst Mom on the planet. There was no way to protect my daughter!!! We backed off and were lucky it didn't attack. The Tigerlights have saved attacks against humans and animals!  
Here are a few stats (from TigerLight’s website)
  • Over 22 million women in the United States have been raped in their lifetime.
  • 18.3% of women in the United States have survived a completed or attempted rape.
  • Every two minutes, somewhere in America, someone is sexually assaulted.
  • 15% of sexual assault and rape victims are under age 12; 29% are age 12-17; 44% are under age 18; 80% are under age 30; ages 12-34 are the highest risk years.
  • Girls ages 16-19 are 4 times more likely than the general population to be victims of rape, attempted rape, or sexual assault.


How To Get It: 
Until March 19th you can sign up here to pledge to buy one at a discounted rate. You don’t have to pay any money until they are released, but by pledging, you lock in the discounted price ($30 for one, $80 for three, etc.), you get 40% off of any other products from Tiger Light for a year, and a t-shirt. So, even if you aren’t sure you want one 100%, it’s worth it to sign up for the discounted rate! I signed up for 5! It is so easy and worth it. Don't just do it for yourself. SHARE!